Hello, my name is Roxanne. Welcome to my blog!
My goal for this blog is simple. I’d like to help people forget about their troubles for a little while and smile, maybe even laugh a little! That’s all. That is what this blog is about.
As far as what I’m about, well…
- I am a Christian and have been since May 31, 1977. My husband and I love our church and are active members.
- I was born in Newark, New Jersey and grew up in the Morris County area, about an hour outside of the “City”. Evidently, most people from New Jersey reference New York City that way and most people we talk to have no idea what we’re talking about. So, now you know.
- My husband is a wonderful man named Cliff and we’ve been married since 1979. We are very opposite. He majored in Economics and loves “statistics”. I have never been able to balance a checkbook. In fact, when we got engaged Cliff looked at my checkbook, shook his head, told me to believe whatever the bank said I had in there, and cancel my account. He married me anyway. He’s very brave, I’ll explain in a minute.
- Our immediate family consists of our three children, their spouses, and seven grandchildren. They are the loves of our lives. Our grandchildren are some of the funniest little people I’ve ever seen. They will show up in my posts from time to time, you’ll see!
- I am an Italian, Irish redhead with just enough German thrown in to make things interesting. As I said, my husband is brave.
- I do not like being referred to as a “Ginger”. Ginger is yellow.
- I sunburn pretty much on contact. I refer to this as the “redhead’s curse”. The term, “feel the burn” has a whole different meaning for us.
- My parents and Cliff’s dad are all still with us. In fact, we all live in the same town along with my sister, brother, niece, nephew, and our oldest daughter and her family. Our youngest daughter and her family live 20 minutes away and our son and his family live 30 minutes away. We are very grateful for the closeness!
- Our family has lived in Florida since 1998. It’s a far cry from New Jersey, but there’s a post for that.
- I have had the same best friend since I was six years old and she is truly my BFF!
- I am an accidental teacher. I teach History and English at a “homeschool” school and I love it!
- My mother taught me how to read when I was three and a half. The Cat in the Hat was my first book. I’ve been reading ever since.
- I love people, writing, reading, dogs, and books, though not necessarily in that order.
Thank you again for visiting my blog! I hope you enjoy it!
All photos on my blog are courtesy of my brother, Paul. I think he takes amazing pictures. You can find them all at nuhorizondesign.com.